- Define voltage, amps, and watts
- Perform simple electrical calculations
- Understand the function of a circuit
- Practice using basic hand tools
- Understand the purpose and correct use of a digital multimeter
- Assemble a physical system and use it to trace the pathways of energy flow
- Use detailed, technical instructions
- Predict the outcome of circuit testing
- Draw electrical circuits
- Learn the operation and proper use of electrical components
- Define a need and create a system to address it
- Conduct load analysis
- Calculate system requirements
- Select appropriate system components
- Diagram system
- Read and understand charge controller data
- Learn the effect of angle, orientation, and shading of a panel
Next-Generation Science Standards Alignment
Disciplinary Core Proficiencies
Design, build, and refine a device that works within given constraints to convert one form of energy into another form of energy.
Analyze a major global challenge to specify qualitative and quantitative criteria and constraints for solutions that account for societal needs and wants.
Design a solution to a complex real-world program by breaking it down into smaller, more manageable problems that can be solved through engineering.
Science and Engineering Practices